Temporary Nannies for Families in Portland
NWNannies has been meeting the temporary childcare needs of the Portland metro area for 31 years, and we expanded to Seattle in 2017. Our thousands of satisfied families are a great source of pride to us. NWNannies is a referral service for families needing temporary childcare. A Temp Nanny may work as few as four hours, or as much as full time for three months. Temp Nannies are the employees of the families they work for. A NWNannies Temp Nanny is:
- Loving and compassionate and “there” for your family
- Expected to provide enriching experiences for the children being cared for
- Proven to have positive experiences with young children, verified by checked references
- An individual of high integrity, verified by checked references.
- Trained in CPR and First Aid and always prepared for the unexpected
Hire a temporary Nanny today!
Families seeking nanny services for Hotels are required to register, but do not have to pay a registration fee. Click here for more information.
If this is the first time you’ve requested a temporary nanny, use the registration form here or use the button below.
Once we have your registration on file, you can request a temporary nanny using this form or use the button below.
How are Temp Nannies Screened?
- In-depth in-person interview
- Complete personal history
- Police checks
- Reference checks
Does NWNannies Provide Childcare at Events?
What is the Charge for Childcare at Hotels?
- Nannies receive $16 per hour, with a four-hour minimum, for one to three siblings. There is an additional $1 per hour charged for each sibling after the third.
- Families reimburse Nannies for parking costs.
- The agency fee is $5 per hour.
- Hourly: $15 per hour (minimum), with a four-hour minimum, for one to three children. Additional $1 per hour for each sibling after the third or for non-siblings.
- Monthly: $16 to $21 per hour for monthly commitments.
- Overnight: $150 per 24 hour period for up to three children. Additional $10 for each sibling after the third or for non-siblings.
- Sick child: $16 per hour
- Mileage reimbursement: Families pay nannies the federal mileage rate (54.5 cents per mile in 2018) to reimburse them for transporting children.
- Hourly: $3.50 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours.
- Monthly: $350 per month for short term monthly placement
- Overnight: $40 per 24 hour period
- After Hour Surcharge: $5 for requests made outside business hours (M-F 8am-5pm)
There is a $5 agency fee for all jobs cancelled after booking.
There is a 4 hour minimum to both agency and nanny for all jobs cancelled within 24 hours of the start of a job.
For our latest updates, keep in touch with NW Nannies Portland via our social network profiles:
“I have found the nannies from NW Nannies to be experienced, competent, and reliable. They care for all ages, from young infants to older children. They are indispensable for the new mom!”Kerry
“We had peace of mind knowing that our 3 children were well cared for while we were out of the country. NW Nannies sent us 2 extraordinary candidates to interview. There is no way we could have found such an amazing nanny on our own. We have already recommended them to our friends.”Sarah
See what we’re up to on Facebook!