Temporary Nannies for Families in Portland
Portland, Oregon and surrounding neighborhoods
Temporary nannies provide safety, entertainment and expert care for your children while you are away. They have a professional background working with young children. Like all our nannies, they are CPR and First Aid certified, and are individuals of high integrity and verified by passing background checks.
NWNannies will match you with a temporary placement for your family’s needs. This could be for a short time period over several months or a one-time event or occasion. While most jobs are booked in advance, we also provide emergency childcare that could be a same-day assignment for when circumstances change quickly. Nannies work in family homes, approved hotels, and event centers or venues. A Temp Nanny will work as few as four hours (minimum shift requirement), or as much as full-time for three months.
Families seeking nanny services for Hotels are required to register, but do not have to pay a registration fee. Click here for more information.
If this is the first time you’ve requested a temporary nanny, use the registration form here or use the button below.
Once we have your registration on file, you can request a temporary nanny using this form or use the button below.
How are Temp Nannies Screened?
- In-depth in-person interview
- Complete personal history
- Police checks
- Reference checks
Does NWNannies Provide Childcare at Events?
What is the Charge for Childcare at Hotels?
- Nannies receive $18 per hour, with a four-hour minimum, for one to three siblings. There is an additional $1 per hour charged for each sibling after the third.
- Families reimburse Nannies for parking costs.
- The agency fee is $5 per hour.
Nannying Service Fees
- Hourly: $17 per hour (minimum), with a four-hour minimum, for one to three children. Additional $2 per hour for each sibling after the third or for non-siblings.
- Monthly: $17 to $21 per hour for monthly commitments.
- Overnight: $170 (minimum) per 24 hour period for up to three children. Additional $10 for each sibling after the third or for non-siblings.
- Sick child: $18 per hour (minimum)
- Mileage reimbursement: Families pay nannies the federal mileage rate (57.5 cents per mile in 2020) to reimburse them for transporting children.
- Hourly: $3.50 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours.
- Monthly: $350 per month for short term monthly placement
- Overnight: $40 per 24 hour period
- After Hour Surcharge: $5 for requests made outside business hours (M-F 8am-5pm)
There is a $5 agency fee for all jobs cancelled after booking.
There is a 4 hour minimum to both agency and nanny for all nannying services cancelled within 24 hours of the start of a job.
For our latest updates, keep in touch with NW Nannies Portland via our social network profiles: