Temporary Nannies for Families in Portland
Portland, Oregon and surrounding neighborhoods
Temporary nannies provide safety, entertainment and expert care for your children while you are away. They have a professional background working with young children. Like all our nannies, they are CPR and First Aid certified, and are individuals of high integrity and verified by passing background checks.
NWNannies will match you with a temporary placement for your family’s needs. This could be for a short time period over several months or a one-time event or occasion. While most jobs are booked in advance, we also provide emergency childcare that could be a same-day assignment for when circumstances change quickly. Nannies work in family homes, approved hotels, and event centers or venues. A Temp Nanny will work as few as four hours (minimum shift requirement), or as much as full-time for three months.
Families seeking nanny services for Hotels are required to register, but do not have to pay a registration fee. Click here for more information.
If this is the first time you’ve requested a temporary nanny, use the registration form here or use the button below.
Once we have your registration on file, you can request a temporary nanny using this form or use the button below.
How are Temp Nannies Screened?
- In-depth in-person interview
- Complete personal history
- Police checks
- Reference checks
Does NWNannies Provide Childcare at Events?
What is the Charge for Childcare at Hotels?
- How much does your hotel babysitting service cost?
- Nannies receive a minimum of $25 per hour, with a four hour minimum, for onechild. There is an additional $2 per hour for each additional child. Nannies settheir own fees.
- Families reimburse Nannies for parking costs
- Outside of the immediate Portland metro area, there is an additional travel fee of$50 plus a mileage fee of $0.625 cents a mile
- The agency fee is $5 per hour
Cancellation Fees for hotels
- There is a 4 hour minimum to both agency and nanny for all hotel nannyingservices cancelled after booking
Nannying Service Fees
- Hourly: $23 per hour minimum for one child with a four-hour minimum. Nannies
set their own fees
- Monthly: $25 minimum per hour for monthly commitments:
- Sick child care: $26 minimum per hour
- Mileage reimbursement: Families pay nannies the federal mileage rate ($0.625
cents per mile in 2022) to reimburse them for transporting children
- The agency fee is $3.50 per hour
* all rates are subject to change
- Hourly: $4.00 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours
- Monthly $425 per month for short term monthly placements
- Overnight $40 per 24 hour period
Cancellation and Early Return Policies
NW Nannies has a 24 hour cancellation policy.
If your plans change and you no longer need our services, please let us know at least 24 hours before the nanny’s scheduled arrival time, otherwise you will still be responsible for the cost of that nanny’s service.
This advance notice allows us to accommodate last-minute childcare requests. We appreciate your understanding.
Early Return Policy – If you return more than one hour early, you will be responsible for payment up to one hour before the scheduled end time.
For our latest updates, keep in touch with NW Nannies Portland via our social network profiles:
See what we’re up to on Facebook!