Be a Permanent Nanny
Portland, Oregon and surrounding neighborhoods
Looking for a full time nanny job? Professional Nannies are the heart and soul of our company. We want to help you find your ideal Nanny position! We have been placing loving caregivers in homes for over 30 years and have an excellent reputation.
NWNannies are educated, experienced professionals who provide a healthy learning environment for children and are skilled in child development. Whether you want to work as in a full time nanny job or part- time Nanny job, or you want a live- in or live- out position, we have exciting opportunities for you.
Full Time Nanny Job Support
We support our nannies and make successful placements. We are experts at placing the right nanny to the right family.
Complete either the online Permanent Nanny Application or the PDF version. If you use the PDF application, you may print it out and scan and email it to us at [email protected] Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you for an in-person interview.
Nanny/Family Matching Process
Following your in-person interview, NWNannies:
- Helps you prepare a resume packet.
- Provides one-on-one coaching to help with the interview process and to review potential placement opportunities.
- Sets up interviews for you with suitable pre-screened families.
- Assists you in making a suitable match
- Assists you in contract negotiations to ensure a good start to your career as a NW Nanny.
- Frequently follows up with families and Nannies after the job starts
Nanny Support Services
Prospective Nannies must:
- Meet educational/experience requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited post-secondary early childhood education program
- Experienced childcare provider with comparable education and experience.
- Be certified in First Aid and CPR
- Have a good driving record
- Have no criminal record
- Be in good health
- Provide five non-family references, of which four must be childcare related
- Be willing to give a one-year commitment
The salaries indicated below are a suggested range, based on numerous variables. Please discuss your specific situation with your NWNannies advisor.
Live-out Nanny (Full and Part Time)
- Salaries range from $20-$30 per hour based on number of children, responsibilities as well as education and experience of the nanny.