Professional Childcare Services for your Family
Portland, Oregon and surrounding neighborhoods
Permanent nannies become part of your family
Our childcare service experience and expertise for creating quality matches will simplify your search and find a nanny for your kids who will soon become part of your family.
We know that children form a strong bond with their nannies and we specialize in creating a great match right from the start. NWNannies will find the right fit for your kids and your family’s needs and lifestyle. Your nanny needs to compliment your family’s everyday life and embrace their role caring for your children. Young children may spend most of their day with their nanny and so providing highly-qualified, loving nannies to our community of families is our top priority.
Permanent nannies are required to meet our high standards of childcare service before placement and must be able to make a minimum 1-year commitment to a family.
What is a professional nanny?
- Trained in child development (cognitive, language, physical, social and emotional development)
- Knows how to apply this knowledge through art, music, play, literature, science and more
- Trained in CPR and First Aid and is always prepared for the unexpected
- Knowledgeable about good nutrition
- Understands the complexity of the family unit
- Loving and compassionate and “there” for your family
How is a full time nanny screened?
- In-depth in-person interview
- Complete personal history
- Police checks
- Reference checks
- Minimum one year commitment
Full Time Nanny Job Description
- Everyday care
- Stimulate children through age appropriate activities
- Work with children to achieve fullest developmental potential
- Clean up after children and self
- Children’s laundry
- Maintain children’s bedrooms
- Prepare nutritious meals and snacks for the children
- Transport children to outside activities
- Light housekeeping, dusting, and vacuuming
- Some meal preparation for the family
- Errands/Grocery shopping
Care of other children
- Inviting other children over to play for the day is expected.
- If out of town guests or stepchildren will be staying for more than three days and the nanny is expected to care for the children full-time, the nanny should be compensated.
Nanny Work Hours
- Approximately 9-11 hours per work day.
- Two (consecutive) days off per week.
- When family is out of town for seven or more days, the nanny should have a back-up system to relieve him/her for at least one day every seventh day.
- When the full time Nanny travels with the family, he/she should be given appropriate time off.
- Approximately 8-10 hours per work day.
- Every Saturday and Sunday off, with occasional weekend work.
- If the Nanny stays at home while parents are out of town, the Nanny should be financially compensated and have a back up system similar to a live-in Nanny.
- If the Nanny travels with the family, she/he should be given appropriate time off.
The salaries indicated below are a suggested range, based on numerous variables. Please discuss your specific situation with your NWNannies advisor.
- Based on the number of children, responsibilities, number of hours and the level of experience of the Nanny, salaries range from $550 to $1,000 per week.
- Benefits include social security (employer match), federal and state withholding taxes, one to three weeks paid vacation, three to five paid sick days, health insurance, and paid legal holidays.
- Nannies are reimbursed for use of their own car, or are provided with a car by the family.
- Based on the number of children, responsibilities, number of hours and Nanny’s level of experience, salaries range from $600 to $1.100 per week.
- Benefits are the same as for a live-in Nanny.
- Salary is based upon number of children, responsibilities and level of experience of the nanny.
- Typical hourly rates range from $17-$25 per hour.
Support and Replacement/Refund Policy
- NWNannies makes regular follow-up calls to all families and nannies
- We provide technical assistance and guidance to families.
- NWNannies assists families in developing personalized nanny job descriptions and contracts.
- We provide tax and payroll assistance.
If you are not completely satisfied, you may request a replacement Nanny within the first 90 days of placement. If we are unable to find a suitable replacement, NWNannies will provide a prorated refund of our placement fee.
NWNannies Agency Fees Families pay NWNannies placement fees for childcare services rendered by NWNannies at the time their nanny is placed. Fees are the same for live-in and live-out nannies.
Agency fees for Portland placements (in USD):
Up to 30 hours/week ………………………. $1,450
Over 30 hours/week …………………….. $1,850
Out of state fee ………………………. $2,200
For our latest updates, keep in touch with NW Nannies Portland via our social network profiles: