Be a Temporary Nanny
Portland, Oregon and surrounding neighborhoods
Need a Temporary Job Placement? Work as a Temporary Nanny
Do you need a temporary job placement and love working with children and have a background in early childhood education? Being a temp nanny offers the opportunity to create your own schedule that fits your needs.
As a temp nanny, you are the employee of the family you work for and will be paid directly by them. Compensation will be agreed to before booking a job. Our rates begin at $17 per hour for one to two children, and increasing for more children and special events. You will be reimbursed for mileage while transporting children and parking costs at hotels. All agency fees are paid separately and do not reduce your hourly rate. You will keep what you earn and pay your own income taxes as required.
How do I become a Temp Nanny? If you meet our qualifications, please either fill out our online Temporary Nanny Application or the PDF version. If you fill out the physical version, scan and email it to us at [email protected] We look forward to meeting you!
How much will I make as a Temp Nanny?
- Hourly: $23 per hour minimum for one child with a four-hour minimum.
- Monthly Minimum $25 per hour for monthly commitments.
- Overnight $275 minimum per 24 hour period for one child. Add $10 each additional child.
- Sick child care $26 per hour minimum.
- Mileage reimbursement: Families pay nannies the federal mileage rate (0.625 cents per mile in 2022) to reimburse them for transporting children.
- Hotel Nannies receive $25 plus per hour, with a four-hour minimum for one child.
- There is an additional $2 per hour for each additional child. Nannies set their own
- Families reimburse Nannies for parking costs
- Outside of the immediate Portland metro area, there is an additional travel fee of
$50 plus a mileage fee of $0.625 cents a mile
- Have appropriate experience working with children, for example as a day care provider, Nanny or baby sitter
- Be certified in First Aid and CPR
- Have a good driving record
- Have no criminal record
- Be in good health
- Have a car in good working condition
- Provide five non-family references, of which three must be childcare related
NWNannies Agency Fees
Hourly: $4 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours.
Monthly: $425 per month
Overnight: $40 per 24 hour period
After Hour Surcharge: $5 for requests made outside business hours (M-F 8am-5pm)
There is a $10 agency fee for all job cancelled after booking.
There is a 4 hour minimum to both agency and nanny for all jobs cancelled within 24
hours of the start of the job.