Be a Temporary Nanny
Portland, Oregon and surrounding neighborhoods
Are you ready to work as a Temporary Nanny?
Do you love working with children and have a background in early childhood education? Being a temp nanny offers the opportunity to create your own schedule that fits your needs.
As a temp nanny, you are the employee of the family you work for and will be paid directly by them. Compensation will be agreed to before booking a job. Our rates begin at $17 per hour for one to two children, and increasing for more children and special events. You will be reimbursed for mileage while transporting children and parking costs at hotels. All agency fees are paid separately and do not reduce your hourly rate. You will keep what you earn and pay your own income taxes as required.
How do I become a Temp Nanny? If you meet our qualifications, please either fill out our online Temporary Nanny Application or the PDF version. If you fill out the physical version, scan and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
How much will I make as a Temp Nanny?
- Hourly: $17 per hour (minimum), with a four-hour minimum, for one to three children. Additional $1 per hour for each sibling after the third or for non-siblings. Hourly rate is higher for childcare provided at a hotel or special event, such as a wedding, and for more experienced nannies.
- Monthly: $17 to $21 per hour (minimum) for monthly commitments.
- Overnight: $170 per 24 hour (minimum) period for up to three children. Additional $10 for each sibling after the third or for non-siblings.
- Sick child: $18 per hour (minimum)
- Hotel rate: $18 per hour (minimum)
- Mileage reimbursement: Families pay nannies the federal mileage rate (57.5 cents per mile in 2020) to reimburse them for transporting children.
- Have appropriate experience working with children, for example as a day care provider, Nanny or baby sitter
- Be certified in First Aid and CPR
- Have a good driving record
- Have no criminal record
- Be in good health
- Have a car in good working condition
- Provide five non-family references, of which three must be childcare related
Hourly: $3.5 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours.
Monthly: $350 per month
Overnight: $40 per 24 hour period
After Hour Surcharge: $5 for requests made outside business hours (M-F 8am-5pm)
There is a 4 hour minimum to both agency and nanny for all jobs cancelled within 24 hours of the start of a job.