Be a Temporary Nanny
Portland, Oregon and surrounding neighborhoods
Need a Temporary Job Placement? Work as a Temporary Nanny
Do you need a temporary job placement and love working with children and have a background in early childhood education? Being a temp nanny offers the opportunity to create your own schedule that fits your needs.
As a temp nanny, you are the employee of the family you work for and will be paid directly by them. Compensation will be agreed to before booking a job. Our rates begin at $17 per hour for one to two children, and increasing for more children and special events. You will be reimbursed for mileage while transporting children and parking costs at hotels. All agency fees are paid separately and do not reduce your hourly rate. You will keep what you earn and pay your own income taxes as required.
How do I become a Temp Nanny? If you meet our qualifications, please either fill out our online Temporary Nanny Application or the PDF version. If you fill out the physical version, scan and email it to us at [email protected] We look forward to meeting you!
How much will I make as a Temp Nanny?
- Hourly: $20 per hour minimum for one child with a four-hour minimum.
- Monthly $20-25 per hour for monthly commitments.
- Overnight $225 minimum per 24 hour period for one child. Add $10 each additional child.
- Sick child care $23 per hour minimum.
- Mileage reimbursement: Families pay nannies the federal mileage rate (58.5 cents per mile in 2022) to reimburse them for transporting children.
- Hotels Nannies receive $25 per hour, with a four-hour minimum for one child. There is an additional $1 per hour for each additional child. Families reimburse nannies for parking costs.
- Have appropriate experience working with children, for example as a day care provider, Nanny or baby sitter
- Be certified in First Aid and CPR
- Have a good driving record
- Have no criminal record
- Be in good health
- Have a car in good working condition
- Provide five non-family references, of which three must be childcare related
Hourly: $3.5 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours.
Monthly: $350 per month
Overnight: $40 per 24 hour period
After Hour Surcharge: $5 for requests made outside business hours (M-F 8am-5pm)
There is a 4 hour minimum to both agency and nanny for all jobs cancelled within 24 hours of the start of a job.